Sunday, August 5

Skincare review

Hello my lovely readers!
I was recently very kindly sent some products from the wonderful team at Oasis beauty. Oasis Beauty is New Zealand based skincare range that uses only natural and organic ingredients. I love the concept of a skin care line that is made specifically with New Zealand skin types in mind. I received one of their 5 day trial packs (which retails for NZD $24.95), which I was blown away by. It contains 7 very generous trial sized products, which enables you to test out some of their products before purchasing them full sized. The products you receive are specific for your skin type (mine being normal-combination) 




(disclaimer: despite being very kindly sent these products at no cost of my own, it in no way influences my opinion. I assure you my opinions will be 100% honest and my own)

Chamomile cleansing lotion  : I found this cleanser to be very gentle and soothing on my skin. It worked very well to remove all traces of makeup - including stubborn eye makeup. After using this my skin felt clean and very smooth.

Fig and grape tonic : I used this after doing my double cleanse (superficial and deep) I applied the product to a cotton pad, and  lightly sweeped it over my skin. It made my skin feel very fresh and glowing, I really enjoyed using this as opposed to alcohol based tonners that can really dry out my skin leaving it feeling stripped of moisture.

An apple a day moisturiser spf 25 : I loved this product! I applied it in the morning before applying my makeup. I noticed it provided a smooth base for my makeup whilst leaving my skin feeling very supple, hydrated and radient. The fact that it contains an spf of 25 was an added bonus, as I typically never wear spf during the cooler months. It left no oily residue that is generally associated with spf products. 

Tropical fruit smoothie : This product worked a treat on my combination skin. I liked the fact that it contains very small, fine granules, as opposed to larger granules  that are too abrasive and harsh for my skin. It left my skin feeling incredibly smooth and I felt it really worked to give my complexion a healthy glow. A scrub is essential in my skin care routine to slough off dead skin cells and assist my skins natural desqumation process. It worked wonders in eliminating both flaky dry patches on the sides of my nose, whilst really cleaning my congested chin.

Honey & vitmain facial masque : I really loved this product. It made such a difference to my skins overall texture, and brightened my complexion. It has a very light consistency which I really enjoyed, a nice change from my heavy clay masks! 

Rejuvenating night balm : I have never used a moisturiser specifically for night time use. I loved the consistency and feel of this product on my skin. It absorbs very nicely and although it has a lovely herbal smell to it, it doesn't linger around on the skin. 

Rebalancing treatment serum : I had never used a serum before, but I think I ought to add it into my skin care   routine. This serum absorbs well into the skin, without any trace of an oily residue. It really hydrated my skin leaving it feeling smooth and supple.

All in all, I honestly can not say enough good things about the products I tried. I noticed a huge difference in the overall texture and appearance of my skin, and I have never received so many compliments on how flawless and glowing my skin appears. I  felt all these products really worked for my skin type. I find it quite hard to find products that really work for me and make an impact on the  texture of my skin, so to find 7 products that work wonders for my skin really surprised me. 
Having good skin really contributes to your confidence, and for the first time in years, I would contemplate going out in public without makeup, which is a huge deal for me. 


I am so thankful to Oasis Beauty for this amazing opportunity, and if I wasn't a poor student I would 100%  without a doubt purchase all of these products with my own money!  If any of these products tickle your fancy, you can click on the product titles, or alternatively check out Oasis beauty here

Hope you're all well
H XO

No comments:

Post a Comment