Sunday, March 17

Current Favourites 

Hi lovelies
I know I haven't posted for a while, so today seeing I'm at home sick (boo!) I thought I'd do a current favourites post for y'all.

Starting with skin care - lately my skin has been a mess (stress has been a detrimental factor) so I decided to up the ante with my skin care routine. Recently I've been trying out a few La Clinica products as they are almost completely natural and also because we stock them at beauty school, therefore I am eligible for a discount - the perks of being a student! However the two products that have stood out to me the most is firstly the Micro Dermabrasion facial scrub from the Glycolic and Vitamin C range. The beauty of this scrub is that it contains the same exfoliating granules as a micro dermabrasion machine. Due to the fact that this is quite an abrasive exfoliant, I aim to use it every other day. Exfoliating is crucial in all skin care regimes, as it encourages desquamation,  cellular renewal and prevents the skin from looking dull and lifeless.
The second product my skin has been loving is the La Clinica rose hip oil - from the anti ageing range. This product is 100% pure certified organic. Despite the misconception that oils are only beneficial for dry and mature skin types, rose hip oil works wonders for people with oily skin (like myself) or acne prone skin. It works to rebalance the skin, as rose hip oil has a similar composition to our skins natural oil - sebum. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skins overall texture and appearance, it looks significantly refined and has a noticeably healthy glow.






I've also been addicted to one of my newest makeup addition - the Napoleon Perdis 'The One Concealer' This is a life saver in a jar. Seriously creamy, doesn't dare to budge, eliminates pigmentation, pimples and stubborn under eye circles. The lightest touch of a finger and all nasties are gone. It's air brushing in pot. 'Nuff said. Although this gem only contains a small amount of product, you literally only need the tiniest amount seeing that its extremely creamy and melts into the skin using the warmth of your fingers.





Next up are two beauty and makeup gurus that I seriously can not get enough of!

New Zealand blogger Lizy from Beauty By Lizy and Australian YouTube vlogger Monique of  mla1xBoth these girls are phenomenal, super talented and not to mention drop-dead-gorgeous. I admittedly stalk their blog and youtube channel waiting for them to submit something new! (In a totally non creepy way of course!) If you aren't already following these beauties, be sure to check them out and show them some love, I'm sure you'll love them just as much as I do!!




image.jpeg


My next favourite isn't even remotely beauty related. I've always been a coffee lover, but as of late I have been obsessed with trim caramel lattes. I know they're a hugely naughty indulgence, but they are quite simply to die for. If you live in the Manawatu, I would definitely recommend heading down to the O.E cafe in the square, for a silky and luxuriously sweet latte. Your taste buds will thank you!


My last favourite is my Orly nail polish in the colour Oh Cabana Boy; a totally obnoxious, but gorgeous hot pink, almost verging on neon. It has a subtle fuchsia shimmery undertone. It looks stunning on the toes, with nude strappy sandals for the transition between summer and autumn.


This photo does not do this polish justice, it is much more vibrant in reality!

So there we have it. What are your current favourites? I'd love to know!
For those of you who may be interested, on my nails I'm wearing O.P.I Teenage dream as an accent on both thumb nails, and O.P.I Don't touch my tutu.
Keep an eye out for my up and coming collective haul.
Holly 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Holly! Love your blog too girl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete