Saturday, February 23

Mini collective haul -  Addicted2


I'm a self confessed makeup-shopaholic, so you can only imagine my sheer excitement when I stumbled across a New Zealand based online makeup store. So without further ado, here are my latest purchases...

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
After lusting over this gem, for what seemed like an eternity I finally took the plunge and snapped up this bad boy. This palette epitomizes glamour. The quality of the colours are incredible, so rich, creamy and pigmented. It features twelve gorgeous taupe based colours ranging from soft delicate neutrals through to striking statement must haves for creating an out-of-this-world smoky eye. It also includes several matte and satin colours with amazing colour pay off. If you are familiar with many YouTube gurus, you'll be well aware that this product is deemed a holy grail product. It does come at a slight cost - $109.00 NZD to be exact, but I guarantee you that it's worth every penny.




The next product I purchased was the MAC studio fix powder in NC20 for reference. This powder is fabulous worn as a setting powder. I find that because it has medium to full overage, it really works to give the skin a beautiful airbrushed affect with a luminous finish. Provided that its blended and diffused over the face evenly, it doesn't look cakey in the slightest, which can be a downfall for cheaper alternative, medium coverage powders. This powder can also be worn alone, I like to buff it into the skin with my Sedona Lace Kabuki  brush (watch this space for a review), for a 'my skin but better' look. A little goes a long way with this powder, so you definitely get bang for your buck. It comes in a little compact, with a decent mirror, so is perfect for those that live life on the go. If you love the look of flawless skin (who doesn't?!) then this is a necessity for your makeup bag!




Lioele BB Cream - Triple the solution. I'm so glad I finally got my hands on the much hyped about Lioele BB Cream. As I'm sure you are all more than aware, BB creams are much the go on the beauty front. For a small history lesson (or in case you've been living under a rock), BB creams originated in south-east Asia and were developed to protect skin that had undergone surgery and laser procedures. They have an varying amount of benefits for the skin e.g whitening, anti inflammatory and soothing. They have been dubbed the 'all in one' beauty product of the moment, working as a spf, moisturiser, primer and foundation. The consistency of this cream is wonderfully smooth, and the coverage is medium yet easily build-able  The only down side to this product is the limited colour selection, in fact there isn't a colour range. Light beige is the only available colour. So I would suggest if you're not a fair skin gal, mixing in a touch of liquid bronzer for a seamless colour.




My last purchase was MAC lipstick in Shy Girl - I am a total lipstick junkie, any excuse to buy a new one and I'm there with bells on. It's even more satisfying when you don't have to leave the comfort of your house in order to get your mitts on one. MAC shy girl has always appealed to me. Something about the creaminess and versatility of a delicious coral toned nude just sucks me right in. Needless to say when I saw it in stock on Addicted2, I just knew I had to have it (that is, despite it's rumoured tendencies to dare I say it... melt! shock horror) When in one piece ;) , the formulation of this lippy is perfection on the lips. Creamsheens are one of my favourite finishes - second to amplified. They glide on so silky smooth, allowing you to build up the opacity and intensity until your heart is content. As mentioned prior, because this colour is so versatile it's must have. Nothing beats having a lippy on hand that can be worn for both day and night looks.




So there we have it girls thats my Addicted2 haul. If you would like to see any of these products used in a makeup tutorial in the near future, then let me know in the comments below. 
Holly X

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Naked 2. Not as much as the original Naked though, could use it every day for the rest of my life. $110 dollars seems so expensive! Luckily I've been able to get mine from the US for $50 each so I definitely scored a bargain. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try the naked 1, always hear such good reviews about it. You lucky gal! that's an incredible price to pay!! Thinking about getting naked 1 and naked basics from BeautyBay, that seems to be quite a bit cheaper XXX

    ReplyDelete